Executive Certificate: Introduction to Health & Social Care Services (ONLINE)
This introductory executive certificate module is a mandatory part of the overall Executive Diploma in Health and Social Care Services. It has been designed to provide a broad foundation of essential knowledge and skills for studies in the care field. In addition, the program also provides a thorough and supported program to develop the skills of independent learning that all learners require, particularly the skill of communicating effectively in written language.
This is an online programme that takes learners into the field of health, social care and support services through in-depth case studies. The programme will draw from the working experience of the trainer as well as invited guest speakers coupled with the learners’ own ideas and experience to deepen their learning and help them understand the essentials of good practice.
- Unit 1: Becoming a Professional Caregiver
- Unit 2: An Exploration of Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 3: The Concept and Issues related to Safeguarding in Health & Social Services
- Unit 4: Selected Sociological Concepts under Examination
- Unit 5: The Care Environments
- Unit 6: Innovation and Digital Delivery of Health & Social Care Services
- Assessment is based on coursework, assignments and essay writings with no formal examinations
- Guided learning hours to fulfill: 60 hours
21 years and above
Diploma graduate in any discipline
1. Pearson Test of English (PTE) 51; or
2. IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5; or
3. Equivalent (Pearson Versant English Test). Students can attend Pearson Online English (POE) to brush up English.
(Non-refundable one-time application fee of SGD 95.00 is payable upon application)
Marking Fee (all assignments)
Stripe/ Credit card/ Alipay
Refund Terms for Course Fee only
90% – more than 28 days before course commencement
50% – less than 28 days before course commencement
10% – less than 3 days before course commencement
0% – more than 3 days after the course commencement