OTHM Diploma in Psychology (ONLINE)
This 2-year course covering 2 levels aims to provide learners with a specialist program of study that provides a depth of knowledge and understanding of key aspects within the field of Psychology.
Learners will be introduced to historical and contemporary approaches to psychology, including biopsychology, social and developmental psychology, attachment theories, human memory processes and contemporary research and investigation methods. Learners will develop and enhance their skills in the following areas: mental health and psychopathology, cognitive psychology, visual perception, the diversity of addiction, social psychology with a focus on pro and anti-social behaviour, individual differences relating to criminology, intelligence and personality as well as becoming aware of contemporary debates and issues in the field of psychology.
Following successful completion of the course, learners will have a well-rounded knowledge of psychology, which can be applied to further study and careers associated with the subject. During the course of study, learners could be admitted as a student or affiliate member of the prestigious professional bodies such as British Psychological Society, American Psychological Society and Singapore Psychological Society etc.
Completion certificate is conferred by OTHM. As our OTHM accredited qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) and Qualifications Wales, OTHM qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competencies that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Year 2 of a three-year UK’s undergraduate degree. Learners completing this qualification are eligible to progress to the 3rd year of an undergraduate program with partnered universities.
OTHM is also a full member of Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB), the trade association for vocational awarding bodies in the UK which represents the interests of over 110 awarding bodies by liaising with key stakeholders, including the regulators, government departments and funding agencies. OTHM has established strong academic relationships in the UK and overseas to ensure that OTHM qualifications are globally accepted by all academic institutions.
Learners are expected to obtain a master’s degree in psychology, and fulfill training and working experience requirements before admission as a full member of the professional bodies in order to obtain practising licenses as a clinical psychologist, occupational psychologist, educational psychologist and child psychologist etc.
Learners must complete 12 units in order to graduate. The 12 units covered over 2 levels are: 2-year
Level 1 Units
- Unit 1: The Scope of Psychology
- Unit 2: Introduction to Social and Development Psychology
- Unit 3: Biopsychology
- Unit 4: The Development of Attachments
- Unit 5: Processes of Human Memory
- Unit 6: Research Methods and Investigating Psychology
Level 2 Units
- Unit 1: Psychological Approaches to Depression and Schizophrenia
- Unit 2: Individual Differences: Intelligence; Personality and Criminology
- Unit 3: Visual Perception
- Unit 4: Social Psychology: pro and anti-social behaviour
- Unit 5: The Diversity of Addiction
- Unit 6: Contemporary Issues and Debates in Psychology
- Assessment is based on coursework, assignments and essays with no formal examinations
- Guided learning hours to fulfill: 600 hours per level
- Credits to attain: 120 credits per level
17 years and above
1. General Cambridge Examination (GCE) Advanced Level (2 passes and a pass in English Language paper at GCE Ordinary Level); or
2. Mature candidate – 21 years old and above with
i. a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience and meeting the English Requirement; or
ii. GCE Ordinary Level – 3 passes (a pass in English Language paper); or
iii. GCE Normal Level – 5 passes (a pass in English Language paper) or equivalent.
1. Pearson Test of English (PTE) 51; or
2. IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5); or
3. TOEFL 59
5. Equivalent (such as Pearson Versant English Test).
(Non-refundable one-time application fee of SGD 95.00 is payable upon application)
SGD 1,500 per unit
SGD 100.00 per unit
OTHM Registration fee
SGD 580.00 one time
Stripe / Credit card / Alipay
Refund Terms (Program & Marking fees)
90% – more than 28 days before course commencement
50% – less than 28 days before course commencement
10% – less than 3 days before course commencement
0% – more than 3 days after the course commencement